REDETERMINATION GUIDANCE FOR PROVIDERS
Redetermination for Illinois Medicaid is here.
Medicaid enrollees have not had to renew their benefits since the start of the COVID–19 pandemic. As a healthcare professional, your patients look to you for expert advice. Be sure to remind them that they must verify their eligibility every year or risk losing their Medicaid coverage.
Let your patients know:
- They should receive a letter 30 days before their Medicaid renewal date with instructions for verifying their eligibility. They can log in to abe.illinois.gov and click “Manage My Case” to find out their renewal date. They can also call the HFS hotline at 1-800-843-6154 for information and assistance.
- Redetermination dates are available in the MEDI system. Ensure your patient registration staff checks redetermination dates at patient check-in. Updated member eligibility status and renewal dates are available via the Meridian secure provider portal.
- Members must complete the paperwork they receive by the due date indicated or risk losing their Medicaid coverage.
- If their eligibility is confirmed, they will continue to be Meridian Medicaid members. If they are no longer eligible for Medicaid, they can explore our Marketplace (Ambetter) or Medicare (Wellcare) options here: MeridianIllinois.com/renew.
- Visit MeridianIllinois.com/renew/providers for redetermination-specific information for providers and members.
- View and print our one-pager for your office staff.
- Reference the Illinois Healthcare and Family Services tool kit for additional information.
Thanks for all you do for your patient's health and well-being. If you have questions, contact your assigned Provider Relations representative, or call 866-606-3700 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.