EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2023, ALL CLAIMS PAYMENTS WILL BE ISSUED VIA VIRTUAL CREDIT CARD
Thank you for your continued partnership with Meridian Medicaid Plan, YouthCare HealthChoice Illinois, and Ambetter. We are working to improve provider payment methods and enhance our provider’s experience.
To that end, all payments for Medicaid and Marketplace claims will be issued via Virtual Credit Card (VCC) beginning September 1, 2023. Medicare claims payment via VCC will begin in early 2024.
The VCC program from Change Healthcare is a widely used payment option. Providers wishing to receive electronic funds transfer (EFT) rather than VCC payments may elect to do so through the instructions below.
VCC payments work like any other credit card payment. It is the same process as taking a credit card payment from a patient. Here’s how it works:
· You receive a printed Explanation of Payment that includes a 16-digit card number
· You enter the number and the full amount of the payment into your credit/debit point-of-sale terminal before the expiration date
· You receive funds in the same timeframe as your other credit card payments
· There is no need to enroll to receive VCC payments. They are processed under the merchant agreement with your banking partner
· Note that your merchant/banking partner charges fees for the payment transaction. These fees are in lieu of the check clearing fees you currently pay
Beginning September 2023, providers not enrolled for EFT payments with Medicaid and Marketplace will begin receiving payments via the VCC program. Payment information printed on your Explanation of Payment (EOP) will reflect the instructions above.
If you prefer to enroll in EFT rather than VCC, please go to Payspanhealth.com for the enrollment form and instructions or call 877-331-7154.
Other Payment Options
You may opt out of the VCC payment program by calling (800) 317-9280 or via echovcards.com. To access this site, you will need your tax ID and verification access code.